Many online lessons for teachers are beautiful, easy-to-use, and low cost. But are they top quality for learning? We offer you this handy checklist to let you evaluate your next lesson before you deliver it to your students.
Checklist for Quality K-12 Lesson Plans
- Are they constantly tested in the field and continuously revised for maximum effectiveness and efficiency?
- Do they ensure more students learn grade-level standards the first time a lesson is taught?
- Do they promote constant interaction between students and teachers?
- Do they offer higher-order questions throughout every lesson and emphasize deep conceptual understanding?
- Do they provide clear learning objectives?
- Do they promote opportunities for students to use evidentiary arguments and/or multiple representations when solving problems?
- Do they emphasize teaching first and Checking For Understanding throughout lesson components?
- Do they help you engage students through pair-shares so every student answers every question?
- Do they highlight pre-selected academic vocabulary for extensive grade-level vocabulary exposure?
- Do they help students gain confidence and skill development through guided practice?
- Do they provide differentiation with optional scaffolding for ALL students including advanced, English Learners, and special education?
For high-quality online lessons, try educeri free for 30-days.
1,200+ lessons for ELA, ELD, Math, and much more.